In the hubbub of moving, it can be easy to forget to wrap up some loose ends. Here are some things to remember as you transition to your new home:
Utilities: Make sure you cancel service at the old home and activate it at your new home if applicable.
- Cable, satellite, internet provider
- If propane, oil tanks, solar panels are leased, make sure ownership change has been properly documented.
- Don’t forget to change ownership of your security system and cancel your monitoring service
- If your home has smart home technologies, if the HUB stays with the property, be sure to change ownership.
Professional Services: Change your address
- Financial brokerage (s)
- Accountant – find out from your accountant what forms you need from closing to keep on hand for taxes
- Your employer
Government: Change your address
- Social Security
- Post Office
- State Licensing (driver’s license, vehicle registration, fish and game, etc)
- Veterans Administration
- Voters Registration