Hi All! Sarah and Shelley here, with a friendly reminder that we specialize in the Greater Seattle area and south. From Downtown all the way to Federal Way, we understand what’s happening here.
When it comes to buying or selling what is likely your biggest asset, it pays to have a real estate agent who is not only a professional, but who also has the local expertise to help make sure you are investing your money wisely and that your investment will pay off when it is time to sell.
Here are just some of the items that an agent with local expertise can provide you:
- Information on possible zoning changes and how those might impact future value
- Historical market appreciation or depreciation data
- Data on local amenities and services
- School information
- Information on upcoming local improvements to streets and thoroughfares
- Information on big housing or commercial developments on the horizon
- Updates on businesses moving in or out of the area
- Information on trends such as population growth
- Data on regional economic trends as these can have a strong impact on the demand for housing
- Market information such as listings, pendings, and sold properties
- Up-to-date notifications of new listings and solds in the neighborhood, and how the updated sold information can affect the value of your property
- What your neighbors are doing to remodel their homes and how those changes can help their bottom line when it comes time to sell
- Information on how property taxes are assessed and the relationships between assessed value and sold values
- Information on developed and undeveloped land in the neighborhood, and what may be built on those.
- Traffic trends information
And so much more! A local expert truly understands the special nuances of the different neighborhoods – such as those special pockets of parks and trails, the historic homes or businesses and their significance, or important events that have occurred there. Check out our Videos to see this in action.
As much as people buy homes, they also buy areas. It is rare that one can buy a home and have it relocated, so it is important to have an appreciation for an area before one buys a home there. And when it comes time to sell, it pays to have an agent listing the home who can explain all the benefits of your home, not just what is behind your walls.
It is easy to hire a generalist in real estate, but remember, we hire medical specialists when we have a unique diagnosis and your asset should get the same specialist treatment. I would be more than happy to provide you with local information and how the changes I have seen affects your home value. Please let me know how we, YOUR local experts, can be of service. Contact us and let’s chat.