When you hire us, we become your partner in preparing your home for sale. Builders have long recognized that a clean, well decorated model home enables them to enhance the appeal of their properties. With our team of professionals, your home’s market appeal is enhanced to give you a competitive advantage over the other homes on the market.
The following items are arranged for or provided:
Pre-inspection: An inspector will go through your home to see if there are any areas of concern. This way we can decide what to do to put you in the strongest negotiating position possible.
Staging consultation: We will walk through your home and offer suggestions to ensure your home shows in the most favorable light. This could mean putting things in storage, moving furniture around or minor repair work. We will work together to plan and prioritize the items you would like to complete before we begin marketing your home.
Landscaping: Creating a positive first impression is critical. We will provide a curb appeal consultation that is done with recommendations for yard or exterior improvements.
HD Photography: Research shows that multiple, high quality photos sell houses. Your home will be photographed using HD technology for our marketing materials and on-line photo gallery.
Concierge Service: If there is a need for additional work, we can help with access to our service providers for every aspect of preparing your home for sale. This may be just getting bids or finding a specialized contractor.
Preliminary Title Search: Order a pre-title commitment to reduce your risk of any title problems at closing.
Open Houses: Holding an open allows any neighbors and prospective buyers to come and look at the home. The open house will be advertised on Windermere.com, Craigslist, the NWMLS and many online websites. We will hold your home open mid-day one or two times during the week and both weekend days during the first week on the market. After the second week, will hold it open one day of the weekend.
Online Advertising: We will publish your home on all forms of Cloud City Homes’ social media accounts (Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Google+, Zillow), Windermere’s social media, inter-office marketing, and all real estate websites that host homes.
Color Brochure: The flyer will illustrate your home’s best features, as well as provide the pertinent details that buyers want. These flyers will be located in the home. Additionally, there will be a Perma flyer attached to the yardarm.
Windermere Sign: A Windermere sign will be placed in your front yard with a permanent flyer attached to the yardarm. The flyer will also have the information a buyer would need to retrieve additional information from the internet or to reach us directly to arrange a private tour.
Direct Mail Marketing: We proactively canvas your neighborhood for potential buyers. Often neighbors are the best salespeople for a particular area, so we enlist their help! We will personally invite your neighbors to the Open Houses and keep them abreast of the status of the home.
Feature Cards: Feature Cards are signs that point out the not so obvious features that a buyer may miss, (i.e., “Don’t miss the hidden storage behind the stairs” or New Roof”).
Property Profile: We prepare an information notebook containing most things a buyer will want to know including information on the property, the area, schools, utilities, homeowners association, pre-inspection, disclosures, contracts, potential bids, etc. This information will give buyers the confidence to write a contract.
Showing Follow-up: We will follow-up with agents who have either shown or previewed your home by sending them a personalized email or making a phone call. This feedback can help us judge our pricing and staging and help keep us competitive.
Office Tour: If your home is within our office area, your home will be toured by agents from our office who will not only be exposed to your home, but who will also provide us with feedback regarding price, staging, condition of the home, and other items.
Promote to Top Agents in Your Area: We present your property to the top-selling agents in the area. Agents that have sold a listing in your neighborhood within the last six months may have buyers waiting. We want the most active agents to get special notifications of your home’s availability. We accomplish this through direct mail, flyer delivery services, and email marketing.
Selling Your Home
The key to selling your home quickly and at the right price is in preparing it appropriately. We recommend starting to pack and put things away in boxes that can be stored in the garage or offsite. Unfortunately, we don’t live in our home like we do when we are trying to sell it. In every room, we need to go through and remove and pack away most personal items so that when a prospective buyer comes through the home they can immediately look at the home and not be distracted by the seller’s items.
Here are some other tips to help you get started.
- Give home a thorough cleaning
- Oil door hinges, tighten door knobs
- Have carpets professionally cleaned, or replaced if damaged
- Repair dripping faucets and leaky toilets
- Replace all burned out light bulbs and clean all light fixtures
- Repair defective light switches
- Get rid of clutter both inside and out
- Cut and edge grass
- Trim hedges and weed gardens
- Paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storm windows, screens and doors
- Clean out the gutters
- Wash the windows
- Tidy up the garage
- Paint, wash and fix garage doors and windows
- Touch up all interior paint
Here are some helpful tips for showing your home.
- Maintain a comfortable temperature
- Remove and pack away all non-essential items off the countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Keep the bathroom clean and wiped down each day
- Keep the toilet seat down and keep plungers and garbage under the sink
- Always clean dishes and counters before leaving for the day.
- Put away items in the yard like garden tools, bicycles and toys.
- Make sure your home is well lit.
- Make beds each day
- Remove all personal photos.
- Remove clutter from tables and shelves. Less clutter creates the illusion of a larger space.
- Keep money, prescription drugs, and other valuables out of view.
- Add a ground up lemon to the garbage disposal to give the kitchen a fresh smell.
- Open shades and curtains to let in light.
- Turn on a gas fireplace to create a comfortable ambiance.
- Keep radios and TV off—although oftentimes soft music in the background is a nice touch.